mardi 20 décembre 2011

Former Miss Venezuela Eva Ekvall, 28, Killed by Breast Cancer


Eva Ekvall died from breast cancer. The former Venezuelan beauty queen was 28-year-old. She passed away on Saturday in a Houston, Texas hospital.
The mother-of-one was diagnosed with advanced breast cancer in February 2010, and underwent eight months of treatment including chemotherapy, radiation and a mastectomy.
"I was very angry because I should have known. My aunt had breast cancer twice and my grandmother died from breast cancer. And I just let time go", Eva said after being diagnosed.
Soon after that, Eva wrote the book 'Fuera de Foco' ('Out of Focus') in order to raise awareness of the disease in Venezuela.
Eva, who was crowned Miss Venezuela in 2000 at the age of 17, was married to radio producer John Fabio Bermudez and had a two-year-old daughter, Miranda.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire